29 May 2006

Day 2

I'm woken at 6 in the morning by a nurse who wants to take my blood pressure. She asks me how many times I ?pee pee and poo poo?. Gotta love this country.

After breakfast the Doc came back in and told me that in around 30 minutes he wants to clean the wound again. This time without anesthetic. Sans anesthetic. Anesthetic = 0. I'm not over the moon about this decision. There is something about the phrases ?clean deep open infected horrendous wound?and ?without anesthetic? that just don't go that well together in my mind. I have 30 minutes to wait. If an Amateur Dramatic Society was to put on a production entitled Waiting On Death Row, I'm pretty sure I'd have got the lead.

I find myself downstairs getting cleaned up and halfway through the procedure, the Docs phone rings. Like a true pro he stops what he was doing to answer it. When he was done he told me that he has installed a 'Drain' into the wound. A drain for the infected puss to run down, out of my deep infected wound. Ladies, you may start forming an orderly queue now.