20 July 2005

Halfway Home.

Well I'm halfway through my trip now. In some ways it feels like I've been here for far longer than three months, in other ways, the trip feels like days.

I've got fit, learnt to ride a bike, and become closer than I wish to the encompassing pain of shin splints. I've been choked out, beaten up, and come closer than I wish to the encompassing pain of Thai curry.

I've lost my hair but gained a few pounds. I no longer have a tongue stud but I do have a mean elbow. I left my resplendent trousers back in England but have gained a natty collection of awesome t-shirts.

I've been attacked by dogs, trucks, prostitutes, vendors and the occasional bout of gut rot. But I'm still on my bike, still going out, still shopping, still eating, and the dog. . . well I'm working on that one.

Sure there have been ups as well as downs. But the ups have been huge and the downs forgettable.

I've three months left, and I very much intend on making the most of them.





(please send money!)