25 February 2004

Your autocratic ways will be brought to heel with my rightous apathy.

Our students union organised a strike today. It was once again protesting against top up fees. The strike started at 12 noon. It is Wednesday, lectures finish at 1. I’m taking a swing in the dark here but this seems radically ineffective. A one hour strike. Ohhh, make me a hard hitting sign that I can wave during my one hour strike. This will really make the authorities stand up and take note, I missed an hour of lectures. I don’t take any crap from the government, I will not go back to the second half of one lecture. Hark at me and my forward thinking drastic protest.

So anyway, I stayed throughout the lecture and it was torture enough, students who didn’t really want to be there, being lectured by a someone who wished we had all been on strike anyway.

Power to the people.