05 March 2004

Butter on the outside of the fridge door????? I dont know either!

Well I’m back from Wales and seem to have left all motivation to work in the mountains. I’ve been moping around the house all morning telling myself that I need to do m y washing and get on with coursework. But instead I have checked my mail, checked my blogs, bought banana chips and had a shower. So going well so far!

I’m getting closer to an answer on the “kid in tiger t shirt” mystery. A few people can remember it so now I’m hunting the internet for a film name and picture. It surely will be a happy day when I do.

When I got back from Wales I went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea and was astounded by how repulsive it was. I always liked to think I was pretty chilled out about our kitchen not always being spotless. However, this day, it was different. It was an embarrassment that it could have got in the state it was. It’s been messy before, but this wasn’t just mess, this was stone cold bone idleness. This was laziness gone too far. I don’t know if it was the horrible contrast between the beauty of Wales and the filth of the kitchen that forced me to this but I just had to clean it. I could not have prepared food for myself in there.
Now though it is as clean as a whistle. All I have to do is try and convince the guys to keep it that way.

Meant to be going to an acoustic set at someone’s house tonight. I’m really hoping that these people have talent and are not doing it because there housemates keep on telling them that they’re really good. I’ll let you know tomorrow.