24 February 2005

Hotmail blows.

So they have decided that for 'security' reasons I can no longer seamlessly integrate with Outlook. Last week they disabled my Outlook support and made me log in through a browser and do this little "type in the letters you see in the picture" test. This was a mere annoyance to me, I could have forgiven this and see how it may be necessary. However, once you have done this you have to download all your mail to outlook again. Which in my case puts in into the hundreds. How is this not the most stupid thing they could have thought of.

So while this really annoyed me. I thought I would let them off. After all I've been using hotmail for years now and although I never liked the online side, it has always been fine through Outlook. Then this week I get the same message from them telling me that I have to do the 'security check' again. Now it's starting to become an annoyance. Once I have completed this for the second time I then have to download all my mail. . AGAIN!!!

This is starting to border on the ridiculous for me now. The whole point of using Outlook is that I don't have to go through a brower and log in every time. So while this has got my back up I get an e-mail from Hotmail saying how they are no longer supporting Outlook for new accounts.

Well, if that isn't the sound of warning bells I don't know what it. So instead of putting up with their ridiculous security check every week, and instead of having to download my mail every week ( which Completely destroys the point of using Outlook in the first place ) I am simply ditching Hotmail.

Hotmail is dead, long live Gmail.