05 August 2004

Are you claustrophobic or just sad?

if there was ever an emergency i would not want to be in it with Shell.

There has been so much i have wanted to write about while my computer was poorly. There was the whole “Manhunt” hysteria, there was the Kerry speech, I almost won the lottery and I found all my old A-Level notes which made me laugh no end.
unfortunately, I'm not going to write about all that now as it would take up way too much room and just be out of date.

so today i bring you. . . the beauty of having friends who are nothing like you.

while visiting a friend in another city he convinced me to let him straighten my hair. although i have always wanted straight hair, i would never go out and purposely straighten it, so this was the perfect opportunity.
he set to work, twenty minutes passed, and i emerged looking like a new man.

now people, sometimes i wear a shirt and think “you know what, i look alright in shirts, why have i never done this before” so i start buying more shirts and seeing if i can get comfortable in them. well when i looked at myself in the mirror, i knew i had to have my hair straightened again in the future.

i have never had straight hair in all my life and i don't know if it was the shock of looking so different or if i really did just have it goin' on. but i thought i looked the absolutely knackers.

i walked around the city that day with the gait of a man who oozed self confidence. it was great. i went from Screech from Saved By The Bell 'geeky cool', to straight down the aisle, fur covered, full steam ahead, kick my face good old fashioned slap my jack cool.

if a change is as good as a break, then I'll keep my curls, but get me a pair of straighteners once in a while!