23 August 2004

this morning i dragged myself out of bed at Early'O'Clock and went up to my local gym. it's been a while since i've been there what with university and all but i was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Now, there are a lot of changes going on at the gym. for a start, they are building a new one. a much bigger one. with new equipment and a sauna. ho ho ho, i think i know where i'm gonna be spending the majority of my spare time when it's finished. no more trekking into town to have to visit a sauna for me!
because of this work the gym has been moved into the sports hall. this is quite bizzare for starters because all the equipment has just been put on mats in the middle of a massive room. so there i was, rowing just left middle of a badmiton court, then i moved over to the weight slighlty off centre of a basket ball court. it used to be in two rooms. it was nice cause it felt cosy, like you were just working out in your living room or something. now it feels like you're doing it on public display.

however, while this change can be dealt with for promises of future greatness, there is one change that hasn't taken place, that really really needs to.

the music.

it is Still, Justin 'I dont know what cha talkin' bout' Timberlake. i have never listened to an album so much in my life. it seems like every time i go, they are playing that sodding thing. there i am, trying to psyche myself up, and i have nancy boy screeching at me incesantly, time and time again.


new plan, take mp3 player. load with thrashing guitars, lift weight.