02 May 2005

The Appeal.

Much like Blue Peter, I am starting an appeal. In this appeal you will not save the lives of thousands, but the sanity of one. You will not help feed millions, build a school, save a donkey (well nearly) or help disadvantaged children pet dangerous animals. All you will do, is brighten my day.

The appeal even has a catchy name. It's call the Paint Purchase Post-er Appeal. The rules are simple and there may even be a winner (if I can find a piece of island tat that I can call a prize that is). All you have to do is Paint or Purchase a poster, and then Post it out to me. It can be of whatever you want, although if you send me a life-sized picture of Jordan or Caprice that chances of it going on my wall are basically nil.

You see, I have to stay in my dark infested bungalow. All the others are full for months. So what I'm going to do is spruce this place up a bit. I've got my hammock on my veranda now, which is nice, but the insides still need some work. I'll take before and after pictures so you can see what I've done to the place, but your help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been looking for a poster place but all I can find are art galleries selling canvases. Now, these things are crazily impressive. The painters are inside the gallery painting away and all their work is displayed around them. Amazing. You can also commission a piece if you want and choose which artist you want to do it. I was thinking about buying a really cheap guitar and getting them to spruce it up for me but the price is kind of putting me off. I think I'll have to have a word with the owner - I have his card - and see if I can get myself a discount.

So there is your challenge. Either produce something arty with you own fair hands or head off to Athena and try to find something classy. Then using whatever means possible get it to my parents and they will post it out to me in a big bundle of fun. Alternatively, mail me and I'll let you know my address so you can send it straight out.

Now I know this is going to take time out of you day and money out of your pocket but you really have no idea how chuffed I would be to get stuff from you. Anything you think would look cool on my walls will be accepted with great enthusiasm.

You have your challenge people, go and make yourselves proud!


*** Update - Don't bother. Hopefully I'll be leaving here within the week. Consider yourselves freed from the shackles of creativity. ***