06 May 2005

Blame it on the Burrito.

All the time I've been here I've been eating Thai food. My guts have been fine. Sure, they took a bit of adjusting, but we had no major dramas. This morning I had to park a bit further down the road than usual to get to the internet caf?e. I got off my bike and noticed a Bagel place. Thinking of my good Jewish friend I went inside to see what delights they had on offer.

As well as the usual selection of bagels and fillings they also did burritos. Completely forgetting my short lived allegiance to the Jewish way I went ahead and ordered a creamy garlic chicken burrito. The only western food that I've bought out while I've been here. The burrito was nice, the chicken creamy. But now it would seem that it wasn't so much creamy from the delicious garlic sauce, as from being undercooked.

Harking back to the glory days of letting a certain housemate cook for me (Yes, Butcher, I'm talking about you) I am now struck down with a glorious bout of gut rot.

I can't believe I've travelled all this way, paid literally pence to eat at the side of the road time after time, and an over priced burrito is what finally gets me.

Thailand, I'm sorry, I promise to only eat your native food, just please let me get better!