03 May 2005

The Doctor Is In.

Well the time finally came to get rid of my hair. I went out looking for someone I trusted enough to get rid of it for me, but then ended up in some back street barbers instead.

This barbers was a three fold affair. On the one hand the whole front of the shop opened onto the street giving it a very 'cosmo' look; secondly, it was a normal barbers inside; thirdly, it was also the owners lounge and his family were sat on sofas at the back of the shop watching telly.

However, the best thing about this guy was his dress sense. He looked like a doctor. He had the blue overalls, the latex gloves and most importantly; the mask! It was ace. A real life make believe doctor cut my hair in the back of beyond while his family watched bad Asian drama in the background. Genius.

I told the guy I wanted all my hair off and he got to work. Watching my locks fall away after all the time and effort which went into them was a bit disappointing but my new streamlined look is slowly growing on me (da dum!).