26 September 2004

A Quantum Leap moment. . . . Oh Boy!

The seasons, much like athletes foot, come and go. There was once a time
when this blog was somewhere to start your day with interesting links to
parts of the web you would otherwise be unaware of. So in the same vein as
Dianas death, I thought I would drag it out of the back catalogue and
subject you to it all over again.



I can't think of a clever way to introduce this next link. I just deleted
what I had because it was neither clever, nor funny, nor interesting. Much
like Hollyoaks infact. So click here and see a master at work.



Black Metal. Gathering together all that is dark and mysterious about heavy
metal music, and then being the complete opposite. How people can still buy into the "I listen to black metal so therefore I am tortured and evil" is beyond me. Tortured and evil people listen to the static from a telly, the silence of a tomb, or the Cheeky Girls.



Some kids TV is just too damn cool to be for kids. Much like Shrek and Toy
Story, the best bits of kids TV are when it is blatantly aimed at adults.
Adults with a kids sense of humour. SMTV has nailed this at the moment with
the sketch they call "Butthaven". Get up early next Saturday and watch it.
How they get away with this week after week I will never know, but as long
as they do, I'll try and keep watching. However, when they just go waaaaay
off the scale, it just gets painfully painfully funny. The kids don't have a
clue, and I'm left laughing my ass off. If I had seen this episode of Dick
and Dom I would have probably peed myself. Keep up the good work lads.