26 June 2004

Stupitidy knows no bounds.

There are three things about today’s television which annoyed me. I shall present them in the order I was subjected to them.

Article 1.

Humberside police authority break the law.

David Blunkett – authority figure – tells his minions to do something. They don’t because they don’t agree with him, but in doing so break the law.
Well what a great message to be sending out. Police chiefs don’t agree with something and so knowingly break the law so they don’t have to do it. Well this really makes me want to keep on abiding by all the laws that get in my way, but do you know why I stick to them, because they are THE LAW.
They whole point of the law is that you shouldn’t pick and choose which to follow. We all do, but the police are the police, they should be above this. I don’t mind them not agreeing with Blunketts decision but they should have found a legal way to get around it. Or gone through with it and then made him look like a fool by showing what a rash decision it was, then lobbying for re-enstatement. All the standing up I do for the police force of this country and then they go and pull this. The guy I felt most sorry for was one of the Constables who voted to get rid of him and looked disgusted as he said that his peers had broken the law. The poor guy was being interviewed and looked as let down as I felt.

Article 2.

Peter Tatchell on Channel 4 news.

Now this isn’t anything against Peter. Personally I think the guy deserves an MBE. This is the guy who tried to place Robert Mugabe under citizens arrest and got smacked in the head by a bodyguard for his troubles. He is a ledged, and there he was on the news saying that he was trying to get Beenie Man banned from his UK tour because of this anti-gay lyrics. Also taking part in the interview was some black guy ( cant remember his name ) who was there to represent rap music. Now, the black guy started attacked Tatchell because he – wrongly – thought that Tatchell was picking on black rap artists. It was bizarre, then when Tatchell said that they should be working together to rid all anti-minority material from the arts, and reiterated that he had also tried to get Eminem banned, he just got brushed off.
I have rarely seen someone being interviewed so openly not understand the subject. It detracted from the real story and just looked childish.

Article 3.

Vanessa being interviewed by Davina after eviction.

She said - and this isn’t in the transcript – that she didn’t like the food fight because she’s from Africa and people are dying of starvation over there.

I could go on about this for 3000 words, but I shall spare you. However, she’s not winning my favour by making generic statements about a subject she blatantly knows nothing about for the self righteous purpose of making herself look less boring and more caring.
You didn’t join in the food fight because you’re dull. Eating the food instead of throwing it around is not going to help anyone in Africa. I know Nadia looks like she eats for two but that’s not what Oxfam mean when they say “Sponsor A Child”.

I’m sure she was stood there thinking, “Good gracious, that trifle would make a better meal for a family of four than it would a projectile.”

I’m also sure the starving Africans are overjoyed that you care so badly about them that you won’t join in a food fight. Why, that knowledge alone should sustain them for a few weeks longer yet!

I’m stopping now because I get a bee in my bonnet about things like this.

I’m going (skate) longboarding tomorrow so it’s time to say hello to bruised knees and elbows. I’ll post the full damage report when my hands have healed.