04 December 2003

The Library, , , My Home.

Yes ladies and gentlemen I was there till midnight last night, its now about five in the afternoon and although I am close to finishing, I’m not quite there yet.

All I really have left to do is my referencing so its not that bad, its just that the tutor who Both these essays are for is a real stickler for getting references right. If you don’t use the Harvard method, you may well get shot.

Life this week has been one long essay. At eight last night in the library I was discussing how I wasn’t comfortable with the way my essay was going with my housemate when, after about twenty minutes of good healthy debate, we concluded that I was doing it wrong. Yup, 2300 words in and it all fell to pieces. He was more than happy though as he was just about to start and so now knew exactly what he had to do. We discussed this further with Sam and then called Tom – who incidentally was at church asking the man upstairs for help with his essay – dragged him out of prayers and into the library, then set about slogging through the motions that is the education system.

So now nearly one whole day later and both essays are close to completion. It has been a long day already, and it has a few more work hours left in it yet. If I get finished for about seven I’m going to a carol service that the CU are putting on. I figure this will be a nice way to wind down. Then tomorrow I’m working with another guy to finish off some group work and then it’s all over.

And do you know what I’m gonna do then. . . . . after sleeping. . . . I’m gonna buy myself a bottle of Talisker, Isle of Sky, 12 year old Whisky. I’m gonna get myself a clean heavy glass, put two large ice cubes in it, pour myself a healthy measure of the gold stuff and then repeat as necessary.

Ohhhh, its gonna feel good!!!