07 December 2003

A Smashing Time!

I have done NO work all weekend and its feeling good. After all the stress I figured a couple of days off was just what I needed before I have to get back into it again for the remaining two weeks. So what have I done then. . . well.. . nothing. That's kinda the point. I have woken up at quarter to seven every morning but instead of resigning myself to getting up soon, I have rolled over and gone back to sleep.
This is made even more tricky by the fact by bed is right under a velux window and so lets light stream directly onto my bed. I would pull the blind down but it sags at the edges and then falls off in the night and scares the life out of me. I'm still trying to rig something up to stop that from happening.

In fact this weekend has been great. And it's not even over yet. I have a whole half-day left. I'll probably get my hair cut or something equally as thrilling.

The only bummer of the past couple of days was last night. We were sat around having a good old fashioned chin wag when the guy who left only twenty minutes previously came back in the house carrying his bumper. He had only got to the end of his road before he was T-Boned, pushed across the road, spun round and into the corner of a skip. Luckily he's ok but his car is basically written off. To make matters worse the car that hit him just drove off. Now looking at the damage to his car, which is pretty extensive, the other one must have been in a similar state - albeit minus the hole the corner of the skip made in the rear doors -. Once again Coventry manages reinforce its status as England's diseased little sister.
Stolen cars being driven at speed around the back streets, surely not your honour!