03 April 2004

The electrics in our house are SHOCKING!!! Dum dum.

Remember how I told you that you can get an electric shock in our kitchen by simply touching the screws in the switch fitting. Well yesterday, the light in the lounge blew which meant that there was now no light in the entrance, lounge, hall or landing. This meant when you get in at night, you have to blindly find your way to the upstairs bathroom before you find a light that works.
The lights in the house have a life of approximately a month, it gets tedious changing them all the time but now we are sat in the pitch black it seemed a good time for another mass light exchange.
So there I was, stood on a chair, at the top of a flight of stairs, straining to reach the improbably high light fitting. I had hold of it, I was twisting the bulb, it was sticking, I twisted harder . . . . . and then pulled a foot of wire out the ceiling, along with the base of the light fitting and a box with lots of other wires going into it.

We are so screwed.

I’m going to have to call the landlady and explain to her that the wiring in the house is shot to pieces, lets just hope upon hope that she even bothers to pick the phone up this time. Although seeing as she has NEVER answered her phone I’m not holding my breath.