25 April 2005

The greatest band in the world.

I know I've said this about some bands before, but now I really mean it. Last night I went to a faux English bar ( It's like Britain, but with the weather). I ordered steak, I thought I'd treat myself after my first real day of training. The food was immaculate, the chef even came out to see if we were happy with everything. No chef has ever asked me if there was anything more he could do for me, I felt privileged.

In this bar there was a four piece band. All Thais, there was a bass, two lead guitars and keyboards. This band was so cool they almost redefined what I class as cool. They did songs from the likes of Elvis and Ray Charles, even a quite brilliant rendition of Under The Boardwalk. But what makes this band stand out is the sheer class with which they played. The lead singer changed for the different songs, they harmonised with each other, they just stood in, were wearing, and even oozing the kind of cool someone like me can only dream of owning. I could have cried when I found out they didn't have a cd I could buy, in fact they didn't have anything I could buy to remind me of them. However, I do know they are playing again next week so I'm going to go along and when they take a break I'm going to get a photo of myself with them.
Nobody I meet from this day forward will impress me as much as those four guys managed to. That is, unless they find a way to bring Evil Kenevil back to life, but that goes without saying.