23 April 2005

Would you like a Rolex sir.

I spent most of the afternoon looking for a bag. I know just what kind I want but cant find one anywhere. I was in one shop and when I asked for one a note of recognition went through the guys eyes. He then took me outside, into an abandoned shop next door, and then through the back. It was at this point that alarm bells started ringing. We then went through another door into a small room packed wall to wall with bags, jewellery and watches. All the walls were covered in black curtains and there was one over the door we just went through. The guy stood in front of the door and told me to "pick one". Not so much a request as an order. Now this was a small small room, just big enough for the both of us and a counter. The only exit was blocked and we were behind an abandoned shop. Nice.

Luckily I noticed that all the bags were really expensive handbags like Gucci and D&G, I explained that it was for me and that I didn't need a handbag. I then had to talk him out of selling me a Rolex (read Faulex) and begrudgingly he let me leave.

I'm glad it happened now it's over, but let's hope it never happens again.