01 June 2006

Day 5.

One of the nurses has taken it upon herself to set me a strict regime to teach me Thai. She now calls me Student and writes down words and phrases for me to learn. I then get tested on these the next time she comes in to inject me. Suffice to say I learnt numbers in about half an hour and I now have to read out my blood pressure each time it is taken. If this keeps up I'll probably triple my vocabulary by the time I leave.

One of the nurses asked me why I never leave my room. I asked her if there was anywhere for me to go in the Hospital. She said no. Kinda stands to reason then.

I've got a television in my room, I've got my computer. I get a daily paper, I get my meals delivered. If a press a button a get a hot nurse come into my room. I have unlimited coffee. I can pick up the phone and get Oreo cake delivered. I can adjust my bed to raise my head and feet as I see fit. I have a nice view and air con. Why, I ask you, why would I want to leave.