12 June 2006

Past week or so.

People have been dropping like flies around me. There is a bug on the rampage. The local pharmacy has been doing a roaring trade in tablets of every variety. I know of at least 6 people that have been taken ill. One of them went into hospital this morning and is yet to return.

However, happy old me, full of wondrous drugs anyway, has been walking around as if the air were as fresh as a summer meadow, with ne'er an upset stomach, sore throat or fever to hinder me.

I've been traveling to the hospital everyday to get my face checked out. It's healing nicely. Tomorrow I'm going to get the stitches taken out, and hopefully this time all will go according to plan. I've been wearing bandages on my face for what seems life forever now with the very strictest instructions not to get them wet. I'm looking forward to the time when washing my face and having a shave are not taxing procedures, but simply routine.

I managed to push the bandages off my face last night while sleeping. Boy, was I ever in trouble when I went in for my appointment. The sentence ?Why you take off?? managed to question and berate in one fell swoop.

In other non face related news: I'm moving house again tomorrow. I'm going to be living near the pier and I keep having visions of me running up and down it at sunrise. I see myself getting up early and embracing the day with a hearty jog and some good old fashioned exercise. I'd even thought about throwing in some pushups or some sort at the far end to really get the blood pumping.

Hmmmm, I now rebuke the whole second paragraph. With visions like this maybe that fever really is coming back after all.