20 June 2006

An old friend returns.

I ache.

A lot.

I finally got the all clear from my doc. My face is now only has the regulation number of holes in it. I'm waterproof again. This means I can now wash my face, swim, and get back into training.

It's been a while since I've been that physical though. My first training session was more a lesson in humility as I gassed out almost straight away and had to suffer dragging my sorry ass through the rest of the session. Luckily for me though, I've been here before, and I know that it's just a matter of time before my body sorts itself out and starts getting fit. Up until that point though, and I'll be the guy who's breathing sounds like a donkey and who has a look of sadistic amusement on his face.

My scar is also not half as bad as I expected. The bandages are off and now there's no swelling the scar has quite nicely gone and hidden itself under my chin. So while it's still there, it's not nearly close to being the overriding physical feature I thought it would be.

Looks like my nose is still in a job then!