03 June 2006

When menus lie.

The food here is good. Really good. The scrambled egg has the perfect slop to cheese ratio. That ratio being no slop, and a lot of cheese. I have eaten salmon and duck since being admitted. The mashed potato had spring onion in it ----

I feel I should take a moment here to give a special mention to the woman I was once serving in a bar that repeatedly asked me for Champ. You know what lady, it's called mashed potato, put all the spring onion in it you want, it's mashed potato, and when it's painfully obvious I don't have a clue what you're talking about, saying Champ again doesn't help in the slightest. It's the word I don't understand, not your pronunciation.

---- it's called Champ when you do that by the way. The noodles are tasty and the food is always hot. My one and only qualm, and it is not a big one, is the labeling of the desert they call 'mixed fruit'.

The caramel sundae was delicious. The coconut cake sublime. The jelly wobbly and did I mention just how good the caramel sundae was.

However, they should replace the entry 'Mixed Fruit' and instead it should read:

'Another Fucking Orange.'

If anybody wants an orange cling filmed to a plate, mail me. I've got four of them here just taking up space.