26 November 2003

The Missing Mrs Jackson

Sat in Resource Engineering yesterday I was framed for a crime in which I only partially had a hand. Every week we have been putting the name of our landlady on the register - it's the little things that brighten the day - simply to amuse ourselves. We have managed to do this for a good 6 weeks now but finally we have been busted. The lecturer wanted to know who Hannah Jackson was and had singled me, Tom and Rob out as likely culprits. He had been searching for her on the University records and had even got Administration involved to find out about her so her could enrol her on the course. When Admin told him she didn't exist he figured out what had happened and saw the funny side, it would seem however, and I quote
"Admin don't find that kind of thing funny."
Consider us suitably chastised.

It wont stop us though and people have even started leaving a space in the register so we can put her name in different places. A cult following may be born!

You know, that story seemed so much funnier when you were involved in it.

Less than two weeks to go now before my coursework has to be in and I involve myself in one of the biggest "guilt free" nights out ever. After December the 5th I should have nothing to do but turn up to lectures. Obviously I will be using my spare time to read around the subjects and fill my head with knowledge, but still, I will have nothing to do but turn up to lectures!!