16 May 2004

Back from the brink.

Hey people. I know it’s been a while since I last posted by my exams aren’t going to pass themselves so I’ve had to devote a bit of time to something other than sitting at my computer.

Luckily for you, today was Sunday so I spent a good 3 hours making sure I wasn’t getting left behind by the world and made full use of my broadband.

I helped to build and Oxfam Water Tank this week. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. It took us less than 2 hours to unpack – build – take down – repack. Considering I thought we would be at it all afternoon it was a pleasant surprise.

Have you ever been listening to Metallica tracks and thought, “Well Metallica are a good band, but The Beatles were marginally more successful. If only Metallica could tap into some of this magic they could become more than they are now.” Obviously you have thought this, it was crazy of me to presume otherwise, and thanks to the wonder of the capitalist regime we now have more time on our hands to pursue something other than the food on our table. Raise a fist in the air and give thanks that the open market brings us such wonders as this.

And so, from one musical talent to another. From the screaming guitars of heavy metal a new king is born. A versatile king, a king on a keyboard. If you are under 30, male and have ever enjoyed computer games then you will get this. If you are over 30, female or actively shunned computers games in favour of programming, reading or anything to do with fresh air, then you will just have to tap your foot along to the nice tune.