09 May 2004

I’m bathed in red light.

The bulbs went in my room. Both my halogen bulb in the desk light and the normal light have blown. I had to change my desktop to plain white and use my monitor as the main light source in my room. I decided I'd go for something a bit different so while I was buying normal light bulbs I thought I’d get some red ones as well. It was meant to be a bit of fun and make my room look all ‘moody’. Unfortunately because they are only 40 watt it just looks crap. It makes my room look poorly. It makes me look poorly. It is difficult to get a sense of time at night.

And I know this last one seems odd, but as the sun slowly went down and I was left in the red glow of my bulb, the normal passage of time seemed different. I put this down to our body clock being controlled by the presence of ‘white light’ to tell us when it’s night and day. However, bathe yourself in red light for a day and you seem to lose out on this. Kinda weird, but also cool. It could also be the only real time that I can call something I’ve written on here an ‘investigation’. Although I didn’t really investigate anything at all, it just happened.
Oh well, such is the fickle way of science!

Tomorrow I hand in the last piece of coursework I shall ever write. It is called ‘The Value Of Security Council Resolution 1502’. I shall hand it in and be happy. I shall not mourn the passing of coursework.